Understanding ARC and PLC w/ Dr. Steve Johnson
We provide you with a BONUS episode sharing the conversation we had with Dr. Steve Johnson of the Iowa State University Extension Office. Steve runs down the "ins and outs" of ARC/PLC to help you be prepared for your decision.
What to understand about the 2018 Farm Bill? (Dr. Steve Johnson)
- What’s happening
- Text 515.207.9640
- Helpful Links
- 2018 Farm Bill Updates
- Introduce the guest. Steve Johnson a Farm Management Specialist with Iowa State University Extension and Outreach. Ph.D., Vocational Education, Colorado State University, M.S., Agricultural Education/Economics ,B.S., Agricultural Education, Iowa State University and the resident expert on all things Farm Bill. Lead into Steve giving a more in depth introduction himself and the meetings coming up.
- When was the 2018 Farm Bill signed that we are going to discuss?
- How long is this Farm Bill good for?
- What were the major changes to this farm bill compared to the one of the past?
- Crop Insurance – ARC/PLC Decisions
- What’s the difference between ARC and PLC?
- Do we get to choose again?
- Who gets to make the choice?
- How often do we get to decide?
- How does this work with my crop insurance
- What are my deadlines?
- October 7th
- March 15th
- What factors should our listeners be considering when making their choice?
- Should we be updating our yield information?
- Any other information you’d like to share with our listeners?
- When you sit down with someone you’ve met for the first time. What would you tell them about this Farm Bill?
- For those who either don’t believe in paying attention to this or refuse to try and understand it, what advice do you have for them?
- Are there any other points you’d like to share with our listeners?
- Conference Update
- Submit questions and topic suggestions