The Challenges of Farming with In Laws
Elaine Froese and Lauren Lundt join us to talk about the factors surrounding farming with in laws or the relationships of in laws while farming. Everyone has different ideas and perspectives and we hope after this episode you will have solutions to running a strong family farm.
- Welcome to a Farm4Profit episode
- Remind people to hit SUBSCRIBE – REMEMBER TO LEAVE REVIEWS
- Share their ideas at email@example.com
- The listener review today is brought to you by Geringhoff. Head of the class no matter the crop
- Text 819.647.xxxx
- Jonathan from Quebec – Been listening for over a year now. Love your podcast. There is always something I can learn to help improve my family’s operation.
515.207.9640 – let us know why you listen to Farm4Profit
Elaine Froese - Canada’s farm whisperer.
She’s your go-to expert for farm families who want better communication and conflict resolution to secure a successful farm transition. As a professional speaker, it’s my passion to share simple, practical and actionable tools with farm families so they can talk about tough issues and get traction in their farm transition.
Lauren McAuley Lundt – the Iowa Farmers Wife
Has been working on a passion project to put together an event to help farming families get professional help when it comes to family conflicts, communication barriers, and more.
- What is farming’s “In-Law Factor”
- Who are “In-Laws”
- What types of things do In-laws face when they marry into a farming family that other couples don’t experience?
- What are some similarities?
- What about unspoken rules or quirks?
- We’ve touched on it before…..communication is key
- How do you discuss the “UnDiscussaBULL”
- Why is it important to figure out what the NEEDS and WANTS are of the family?
- How many members of the family should know these?
- What are common farm family issues when it comes to in laws
- When conflict arises with an Out-Law what are some suggestions on how to address it?
- Do the mother and father in-laws have specific roles in addressing these concerns?
- What can Farm dads do to earn trust & respect to ask for what they need?
- What can farm moms do to have a voice and step away from conflict resolution?
- Are things different when you are talking in-laws of different genders?
- Daughter in-law vs son in-law
- Listener Question – What can you as an in-law do to help navigate the family into starting transition planning conversations when you know there aren’t any. Even if you won’t be involved in them, but you know they need to happen.
- What are families that have successfully integrated in-laws doing that others aren’t?
- Remind us about what you mean when you say “Strong Families Celebrate”
- What resources are available for those looking to help?
- What’s the best advice you have every been given?
- Reminder to share contact information