Talking Combines in the Spring!
First we talk with Bill Dickhut the President of Geringhoff about what's working in agriculture. We then move in to a conversation with Combine Ryan about all the things we need to be thinking about now to make sure we are ready to rock 'n roll come harvest season.
Early to bed and early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise….
Introduce Guest: @combineryan Tiktok Ryan Bloes from Janesville, IA is the owner of Mobile Inspection Ag Service a business focused on combine inspection and repair.
- Why are we talking about combines during planting season? Ryan why is it important to be thinking about our combine now?
- Any struggles getting parts?
- Sufficient number of mechanics?
- Other reasons?
- So you run a mobile inspection business. What does that mean?
- Do you only look at combines?
- Do you only look at red combines?
- Are their more businesses like yours?
- How did you get started?
- Have you always done this?
- How large of a territory do you cover?
- What kind of services do you offer?
- This storm was unique and I am sure is going to create unique after effects too. What could this storm have done to a combine that harvested the down crops?
- What are normal things our listeners should be inspecting each year?
- Do you have a checklist or from experience?
- Your family
- Anyone running their own business knows it comes with sacrifice, how is the support from family and friends?
- Do you have family involved in your operation?
- Any trouble finding good help?
- If someone wanted to work for you what training is necessary?
- Could a business like yours be a Part time business for a farmer?
- Preventative maintenance
- What are easy things our listeners can do to create less odds of break downs?
- Hoses, bearings, tires, etc…..
- Good customers
- As a mechanic, I am sure you have your favorite customers. What does it take to be your favorite customer?
- What can our listeners do to stay on the mechanic’s good side?
- Do you have a favorite combine?
- Favorite Podcast?
- Favorite combine head?
- Any other parting advice?
- What do the most successful farmers you know all have in common?
- Remind the listeners that Granular is a Proud Partner of Farm4Profit
- Submit questions and topic suggestions
- Like, Rate, Review, Share