Re-Train your Brain for Success
What's the difference between having a scarcity mindset and having an abundance mindset? What value could re-training your brain bring to your farming operation. Both of those questions and more are answered by Pastor Ashley Lentz in our episode today!
- Welcome to a Farm4Profit episode
- Remind people to hit SUBSCRIBE – REMEMBER TO LEAVE REVIEWS
- Share their ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The listener review today is brought to you by Geringhoff. Head of the class no matter the crop
- @RileyTGarrett - Instagram : Keep up the good work
- 515.207.9640 – let us know why you listen to Farm4Profit
Legacy Farmer – Featured Tool
Topic – Scarcity Mindset
Guest - Ashley Lentz grew up right here in Ankeny, Iowa. Ashley graduated in 2016 with a BS in psychology from the University of Iowa, where she met her husband, Tyler. Ashley began seminary at Bethel University pursuing her MDiv degree. Ashley graduated in May 2020 and was ordained as a Lutheran pastor in October 2020.
In her free time, Ashley enjoys travelling, reading, being outside, and spending time with her family and friends. Ashley and Tyler have a beautiful English Setter, Scout, and a large black and white cat, Gus. Ashley is passionate about teaching others and is here today to help us understand the scarcity mindset.
- What is a “Scarcity Mindset”?
- A scarcity mindset is when you are so obsessed with a lack of something — usually time or money — that you can't seem to focus on anything else, no matter how hard you try.
- Why is it important to be recording a conversation today for farmers and business owners to learn about a scarcity mindset?
- What is the opposite of a scarcity mindset?
- How is a culture of scarcity effecting the world right now?
- Brene Brown Quote “ You can tell a culture is deeply in scarcity when the conversation at a cultural level revolves around what should I be afraid of right now and whose fault is it?”
- How does the scarcity mindset work?
- The Loop
- Fear, Anxiety, Poor Choices
- How does an abundance mindset work?
- The Loop
- Gratitude, Peace of Mind, Wise Choices, Positive Outcomes
- Hosts Self reflection
- What does scarcity look like to an auctioneer?
- Banker, Farmers, Pastor, Podcast hosts
- Flip it…..what could or should an abundant mindset look like in those situations?
- Let’s take action….What can we do to begin shifting our mindset? From Scarcity to Abundant?
- 1.) Focus on what you have. ...
- 2.) Surround yourself with people that have an abundance mindset. ...
- 3.) Create win-win situations. ...
- 4.) Incorporate gratitude into your daily life. ...
- 5.) Train your mind to recognize the possibilities
- Why is Pastor Ashley so passionate about this topic?
- Share scripture to support the abundant mindset
- Did we miss anything? Anything else you’d like to share with our listeners?
- Advice for people to connect with or share your contact information.
- What is the best advice you have every been given?