Grain Market Insights and Carbon Credit Updates
2 for 1 in this episode. First we give you an opportunity for extra grain marketing insights then we roll into an update on the carbon market. Both conversations will bring you great value, so let's get right to it!
Tired of looking through multiple grain marketing reports and still struggling to know what to do? Grain Market Insider is your single source for grain market commentary and recommendations. Created by Stewart-Peterson, Grain Market Insider is backed by decades of research and data, and includes 3 daily texts and emails. Best of all it is only $39.99 per month!
Farm4Profit listeners can access a free 60-day trial by heading to the link in our bio or at: http://go.grainmarketinsider.com/farm4profit
Futures and options trading involve significant risk of loss and may not be suitable for everyone. Grain Market Insider is a service of Stewart-Peterson Inc., a publishing company.
- Who is Indigo Ag?
- History, Mission, Vision
- 2013 - founded as Symbiota; focused on developing microbes
- First company to sell carbon credit across a wide group of producers
- Purpose: Indigo is leveraging science and technology to help improve the sustainability and profitability of the agriculture industry
- 8M global are footprint, ~20k carbon credits issued
- 7 New Carbon Farming Collaborators ( how many total collaborations now?)
- How do these different collaborative companies help this market? Are they bringing in different producers?
- Is there one company in particular that you want to collaborate with?
- How are Indigo’s collaborations benefiting farmers?
- Only in the beginning of navigating carbon farming?
- Carbon by Indigo
- Allows farmers to earn income for adopting sustainable practices
- What practices?
- Still additionality?
- How are producers getting paid?
- How is this program more beneficial/different than other programs that practices sustainability and reward farmers?
- How is Indigo Ag making sure producers are maintaining the sustainability practices?
- How are you marketing this to producers to bring them in?
- Future of Carbon Markets and Carbon by Indigo
- What has the adoption rate been with carbon markets?
- Where do you see the growth going this year?
- Indigo’s Ag’s second crop of soil carbon credits grew 5X
- How does this validate that agriculture has an effect on climate change?
- What are you most excited for in the future?
- What did we miss?
- What does success look like to you?
- Summary and Challenge