Gaining Traction in Your Record Keeping
Loaded Episode! First off we get a planter value update with TractorZoom. Then we catch up with the COO of Geringhoff to check in on production and new enhancements. Lastly, we chat with Traction Ag to possibly provide you with a solution for your record keeping. Working to make sure you fully understand your breakevens will better position your farm.
Farm Accounting Software Management – Income/Expense Management Tools
- Ian Harley
- Aside from being a farmer himself, Harley has more than 25 years of experience in sales and management of AgTech companies, delivering accounting, operations and agronomy software. Prior to co-founding Traction Ag, Ian held roles at Granular, Trimble and Farm Works Software
- Who is Traction Ag?
- History, Mission, Vision
- the first cloud-based farm management software delivering financial solutions to growers across the Midwest.
- Why is it valuable for our listeners to know their true cost of production?
- What is the biggest struggle for farmers right now to have an accurate picture of what their breakeven is?
- What are some key ways to be able to look at the breakeven?
- Per bushel or per acre
- By field or farm
- Equipment efficiency or labor efficiency
- What needs to be tracked?
- Inputs, costs, bills, yields, sales, etc….
- Why do most farmers struggle with record keeping?
- Why is it not fun to do?
- How do we motivate them to do a better job?
- What are some ways Traction Ag is helping make this process more efficient?
- Unified dashboard, electronic payroll, cloud based, shared access
- Being cloud based, is Traction Ag mobile?
- We have data integration throughout the farm, how is this different?
- When a farmer knows what their breakeven is what does it give them more power to do?
- Decision making
- Quick answers without guessing
- More data to analyze – accuracy
- Negotiation power with good data
- How does working with a product like Traction Ag help with a banker or financing relationship?
- How does pricing work?
- How can people locate your product and sign up?
- What did we miss?
- What does success look like to you?
- What are some signs that our farmer/listeners have outgrown their current accounting software?