Farming with Stubborn Farmers
This episode is jam packed with helpful tips for working with stubborn people. It doesn't have to be generational or a family farm. The content here can and will be useful to everyone in business or farming. We are able to uncover a few core relationship items such as communication, goal setting, and perspective in very unique ways for you.
- Thank you for listening
- Farm4Profit episode vs Farm4Fun Episode
- Thank you again for suggesting topics for us to talk about on the podcast and keep them coming. Send those to email@example.com or find us all over social media.
- We greatly appreciate your help in growing our audience.
- Today’s Head of the Class Listener Reviews are brought to you today by Geringhoff. They are head of the class, no matter the crop. Premium harvesting heads for all of your harvest needs. Our listener reviews are exactly what we need to fuel our energy each week and Geringhoff is exactly what you need to maximize your harvest each year.
Preston Dufur, 07/27/2021
Not a farmer but most of my customers are. This podcast gives me the ability to create more conversations and helps build relationships with them. You guys are helping more than just farmers in being profitable!
Commercial – Estates Concaves
- Working to help stop rotor loss (saves up to $30k per 1000 acres of soybeans)
- Increase profitability by being able to combine faster
- Less grain damages
- XPR2 Concave – one concave for all your crops
- Reminder- Kimberly Ag field day 9/15-9/16
- What’s Working in AG – Geringhoff Product Launch
- Iowa sales rep – Jon Schrandt
Main topic – Helping Stubborn Farmers work together
- Guest – Andy Junkin
- God given life mission of PREVENTING other farmers from being faced with family frustrations. I found out I had a natural gift to mediate family situations and disputes. In 2010, I opened an office in Western Ontario and over the past decade have been able to help farmers in over 21 states and four Canadian provinces. For many years, you could say I lived the lifestyle of a “missionary priest,” driving 70,000 miles a year all across North America, helping family farms. Together with his wife (Bernadette) he bought a little farm Iowa and the good Lord blessed us with two and a half children (stork coming Christmas 2021) with an amazing marriage. Bernadette is a key driver of the business from behind the scenes and together we are determined to help as many farms as possible.
- So, this episode will be a little bit broad because we know not all farms have multigenerational connections, but that is where this stems from. The situation of dad/grandpa still calling all the shots and the next generations not getting to do much. But truly, how do we make it to where we work well with other and where others work well with us?
- He has a hip surgery story to tell
- Think about this for a minute.
- How much time is wasted or misused to argue about a choice during the day?
- How many times do you leave feeling unheard or unhappy?
- Ultimately, what do you think this does for profitability?
- You need to understand you goals and needs of the farm.
- Grandma – Milk Pitcher Story
- Why is this important?
- Many ways to Milk a cow analogy
- How do we do this?
- Can we fix all the family problems forever?
- The goal is to fix how your family resolves problems
- What does it mean to you to “Bullet Proof” your farm?
- Is it important to establish specific roles?
- Does this leave open opportunity for frustration because someone isn’t “doing their job”?
- How can fixing the family farming relationship lead to success and growth?
- What are some tips to be able to separate farm emotions from family?
- The ability to disagree at “work” but still have supper together cordially.
- We’ve always done it this way……how do we break that mold?
- How do younger generations or less experience gain respect to have ideas heard to ability to make decisions?
- What happens if you truly have a great idea and the partner doesn’t implement it?
- Is this something that can be fixed/changed overnight?
- What does a process or program look like?
- When you first meet with a business, farm, family…..What does your process look like?
- To you, what does or will success look like? – 300%
- We all know life and farming comes with challenges. What would you say to the listener who doesn’t even know where to start right now?
- If someone is already working with an advisor. What are somethings you would encourage our listeners to be asking their advisors now?
- Is there anything else you would like our listeners to learn from our conversation today?
- What do you see your top producing or top tier of clients doing? –Common traits
- (LAST) You know there are farmers out there who don’t feel they need any help, are doing just fine, and can do it themselves. What would you say to an individual such as that?
- Commercial - BW Fusion – Focused on bringing innovative Fertility, Nutritional and Technology to the Ag market place. They combine their best-in-class products along with the 365 soil and tissue program to provide growers the tools necessary to address limiting factors in real time.
- Submit questions and topic suggestions - Like, Rate, Review, Share