Farm4Fun w/ Laura & Grant Wilson "AKA" Laura Farms
Nothing like catching up with old friends at Farm Progress Show. It had been over 2 years since we talked with Laura last. We learn about how her farming experience is growing and also get to meet her awesome husband Grant!
Laura Farms. Laura & Grant Wilson
- Row crop farm, cow/calf herd, and pig operation. Follow along as we learn how to farm...together!
- Laura is a fifth generation farmer.
- part of a 2,000 acre irrigated row crop farming operation that also raises pigs and has a 150 head cow-calf herd.
- commercial white corn, yellow corn, soybeans plant cover crops like cereal rye/turnips
- husband Grant and my two adorable puppies: Baxter and Cooper.
- We love dirt biking, camping, and wakeboarding at the lake.
- Met on the CRC Canada travel camp trip in July of 2016.
- Got engaged on August 14, 2020. Married on December 19, 2020!
- Laura’s father, Cale Carlson is also a farmer and YouTuber, he has a YouTube channel by name, LEAAD Farms.
- Laura has four younger siblings namely, Adam, David, Ethan and Amanda.
- From Sweden to USA-
- Laura’s great-great-grandparents migrated from Sweden to the United States in 1910.
- they settled on a land in Nebraska and started farming with a couple of John Deere tractors and likewise, Carlson farms was established in 1910.
- over the years, Carlson farms greatly expanded to over 2000 acres irrigated farming.
- after returning from Vietnam as a Seabee started a hog operation which in the late 1980s expanded to cattle herds.
- At 13, Laura started her own cow herd.
- Business Administration and Management, General.
Newlywed Game Questions