Farm4Fun w/ Chip Flory
BUCKET LIST GUEST - we love all of our guests, but this was truly a highlight of our trip to Orlando. The man himself, Mr. Chip Flory takes a hour of his day to talk about who he is, what he is all about, and what he loves about his job. What a great man and we didn't have near the time we needed to capture half the stories he has to share!
@ChipFlory Twitter 22.2k LinkedIn 2k
- Catch Up
- Where are they from, what do they farm, how did they get into agriculture
- Grew up on a farm in East-central IA
- Active in 4H as a kid
- Cyclone fan - graduated in 1987 in Ag Journalism
- 1988 - joined Pro Farmer as a floor reporter for Future Work News
- 1991 - moved to the Pro Farmer headquarters
- Electronic Services Editor → Sr. Market Analyst → General Manager → Editor of the company’s flagship newsletter → NOW Editorial Director
- Host of Farm Journal Media’s 2 daily radio shows - AgriTalk and AgriTalk After the Bell
- AgriTalk After the Bell - goal is to be the go-to radio program for farmers and ranchers looking deeper in the markets
- 2002-Present - Farm Journal Media
- Host, Outdoors on the Farm
- Advisor to Multi-Billion-Dollar hedge funds
- What are they up to today?
- What has he seen that excites him?
- What do they want to make sure they see before they leave
- Most memorable broadcast or interview?
- Who is someone he wants to sit with and interview?
- How has social media changed his life?
- Why do it?
- How would he start it over differently?
- Which is their favorite platform?
- What was his first real job?
- Right now, who inspires you?
Start, bench, cut (Have it every day, have it once a year, never have it again)
- Beer, coffee, water
- Music, sports, reality TV
- Road trip, flying, cruising
- 70s, 80s, 90s, music
- Ketchup, gravy, hot sauce
- Love, money, success
- Trade shows, crop tours, broadcasting
- What’s next for them?
- What can our listeners do to help?
- What can we do to help?
What does success look like to them?