Farm4Fun w/ Brady Smith Featuring Keg Creek Brewing, 9-11, Our Favorite Podcasts, and More!
Corey, David, and Tanner have 6th generation farmer Brady Smith in studio for this Farm4Fun episode. We enjoy beers from Keg Creek Brewing while learning about Brady's path back to the farm, running a feed store, his favorite podcasts to listen to, our memories from 9-11-01, and shared a bunch of laughs too!
- Remind people to hit SUBSCRIBE – REMEMBER TO READ REVIEWS
- All about Brady @Bradysmith
- I'm the 6th generation operating a corn, soybean, hay, and cattle operation near Emerson in SWIA. My wife Melissa, daughter Sawyer, and I live on the homeplace. I graduated from Iowa State in 2005 and worked in the ag industry for 6 years prior to returning to the family farm. We are a diversified row crop and livestock operation. Included in our family farming operation is an on farm feed store (B. Smith Feed and Supply), and a custom farm/hay business.
- How did you get that twitter handle? Were you the first one out there? Smith is pretty common - lucky
- Worked in the AG industry for 6 years before returning to the farm
- Would you do it again?
- Is running an on farm feed store like selling seed
- Hard to get started?
- US Flag Net Wrap
- What are his favorite podcasts?
- In AG
- Out of AG
- Tell us about the feed truck you built
- Farmall Museum
- Busch Light Marketing Mix up
- @ShaunPTyson Mount Pulaski – Illinois Asked, “What do you keep in your truck no matter what?”
- Side arm, trauma kit, leather gloves, pliers, extra $100 bill, ratchet straps, zip ties, blue shop towels, koozies, duct tape,
- Jumper cables, pens, shovels, dog, emergency beer, log chain, field glasses, phone charger, tape measure, bottle jack, wire, hoodie, knife, flashlight, axe, water