F4F w/ Tork Whisler - "This'll Do Farm"
Meet Tork, a 5th-generation farmer, and explore his journey from hogs to construction and back to farming. Unveil the advocacy behind "This'll Do Farm" and hear how we're making a difference in the agriculture community. Join us for fun word associations, and get inspired. Find out what's next for us and how you, our listeners, can contribute. And, of course, discover what we love most about farming and the farming community.
@barntalk Instagram: 15.3k TikTok: 186.2k YouTube: 88k
@thislldofarm Instagram: 25.4k TikTok: 161.3k YouTube: 51.3k
@thislldo_tork Instagram: 1.4k @sawyerwhisler Instagram: 1.5k
- Catch Up
- Where are they from, what do they farm, how did they get into farming
- How’s the family - do they farm with family?
- Tork and Sawyer Whisner (father-son duo)
- Our vision is to promote agriculture in a positive light, while also showcasing who we are as people outside the tractor.
- Podcast - BarnTalk
- started in 2021 interview style format
- Wide range of topics and stories that educate, inspire, and make you laugh out loud - from ag business to investing in cryptocurrency
- How did they start? What motivated them? How did they build up to where they are today?
- What audience are you trying to reach?
- What is your studio set-up? Are you actually in a barn?
- With negative comments, how do you respond? Do you receive many?
- How has the podcast impacted your father-son relationship?
- 5th Generation farmer in SE IA
- Youngest of 3 boys - both live 800 miles away - one generation between his father and him
- Grew up raising hogs but left farm once they sold hogs
- “98 convinced them they were sticking with the hogs
- Worked for construction companies for hogs → became salesman
- 7 years ago started working for Eichelberger Farms
- Then came back to the farm 3 years ago → now has 3 hog buildings
- This’ll Do Farm
- How are you advocating for agriculture? How does “This’ll do” show that?
- What responses from producers are you hearing back? Is This’ll Do and/or BarnTalk making a difference? Where do you see it?
- Who can access this online course? What are the next steps to getting involved?
- If you were an animal, what do you think you would be?
- Right now, who inspires you?
- If you could make anything bigger on your body what would it be?
Word association - Take the word we share and say the first thing thing that comes to mind connecting it to agriculture
- Sofa Morning Bus
- Coat Neighbor Freedom
- Soft Students Egg
- March Boat Telephone
- Heart Whiskey Hog
- What’s next for them? What can our listeners do to help?
What do you enjoy most about being a farmer or what do you like most about farmers?