F4F W/ Junkyard Digs - He Can Make Anything Run
Join us as we catch up with Kevin Brown, the former US Army Aviation Mechanic turned content creator, sharing how he revives cool junk he finds. From drag racing a '71 Satellite to buying a bus for $5000, this is a wild ride you don't want to miss. Discover how hosting Junkyard Digs has changed their lives and hear about their inspirations and ambitions. Tune in to find out if they'd rather encounter a possum in a car or used baby diapers, their favorite social media platform, and more! Stick around to learn about their future plans and how you can support their fantastic journey. So, let's dive into the fascinating world of Junkyard Digs!
@junkyard_digs Instagram 84.7k TikTok ____ YouTube 995k Twitter _____
- Catch Up
- Where are they from, what do they farm, how did they get into farming
- How’s the family - do they farm with family?
- Kevin Brown - Ames, IA
- Former US Army Aviation Mechanic
- Certified CH-47 helicopter mechanic
- 6 years of service in the Army National Guard (one deployment in OSS/OIS)
- Graduated from ISU in 2021
- 15 years of mechanical experience in engine and vehicle repair
- Engaged to Micah Uertz (Junkyard Mook)
- Junkyard Digs - finding cool junk in the area and reviving it
- Invited to events like the QA1 Open House or the Street Machine Nationals
- Show off cars like the Gambler 500 LeMans
- Ramp truck - “sketchiest thing hauled”
- Raced at Barber Motorsports Park (AL)
- 71 Satellite revival (neat story on how he found the owner in his hometown)
- Drag race with it
- Kansas Speedway bus
- Bought a bus 9 hr before race for $5000, went to menards to buy lumber, then drove to the race track
- First bus they bought did not make it so bought one on the way there
- Every year they go down in a different camper
- Desoto project - drove down to AZ to swap the driveline into a disabled vets project car (drove a donated van)
- Busch drinkers
- How has hosting the Junk Yard Digs changed their life?
- Why do it?
- How would they start it over differently?
- Which is their favorite social media platform?
- If you were an animal, what do you think you would be?
- Right now, who inspires you?
- If you could make anything bigger on your body what would it be?
Would you rather
- Find a possum in a car or used baby diapers
- YouTube or Instagram
- Autocross race or enduro race
- Only drive 71 Satellite or Ford Durango the rest of your life
- Kansas Speedway or Indy 500
- 90’s music or 70’s music
- Club or dive bar
- What’s next for them?
- What can our listeners do to help?
- What can we do to help?
If you could go back to yourself at age 18, what would you go back and say?