F4F - Royce Johns - Thank You Kindly
We catch up with the talented @roycejohnsmusic, an Iowa native with a passion for music and farming. As a husband, father, and singer/songwriter, he's graced the stage with renowned artists and released two records. Tune in to hear about his musical journey, goals, and use of social media for branding. Stay tuned to find out what's next for @roycejohnsmusic and how you, as listeners, can support his journey. Let's get started on this fantastic episode!
@roycejohnsmusic Instagram 2.7k Facebook 31k YouTube _____ Twitter ____
- Catch Up
- Where are they from, what do they farm, how did they get into farming
- How’s the family - do they farm with family?
- Iowa raised - 515 area code
- What are they up to today?
- Husband, father, guitar picker, and singer/songwriter, “occasional grinner”
- Opener for: Sammy Kershar, Deana Carter, Sawyer Brown, Collin Raye, The Cadillac Three, Walker McGuire, Sunny Sweeney, etc.
- Two records (Truckstop Souvenirs - 2018)(One Last Two Step - 2020)
- Goal: release full-length records to stand the test of time
- Plan: releasing new full-length record compromised of songs writing in 2023
- Playing music for 10 years
- Started at 19
- ~150-200 shows a year
- Performs a lot around small town’s in Iowa
- 2021 - Iowa Arts Council funded next records with grants
- Where do you want to be in 5, 10, 15 years?
- Why Iowa? Do you have the goal of traveling across the country?
- Who is your support system?
- How far in advance are you booked out? How much time do you leave between each performance?
- How are you using social media to brand yourself? Has it come to your advantage?
- Nothing I could find on this
- If you were an animal, what do you think you would be?
- Right now, who inspires you?
- If you could make anything bigger on your body what would it be?
Would you rather:
- Lose your voice or unable to play guitar
- Get lost in the wilderness of in a dangerous city
- Day at Adventureland or day on the lake
- Eat all raw food or cooked food for every meal
- Famous on the internet or in real life
- Perform in Nashville or in small town Iowa
Ocean Coffee Lion Dance
Adventure Book Butterfly Camera
Serenade Laughter Farm Unknown
- What’s next for them?
- What can our listeners do to help?
- What can we do to help?
What would you go back and tell yourself and age 18?