F4F - Joy VanWyngarden - Outdoors: Farming & Hunting
Today, we dive into the fascinating world of agriculture and social media with a remarkable guest - @joyvanwydgarden. With an impressive following on Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, she's an Iowa native and ag enthusiast with a unique farming background. We'll learn about her farming journey, her family's involvement, and her love for the outdoors, hunting, and fishing. Discover her passion for holistic health and wellness, as she shares her experience training to become a yoga instructor and her unique post-workout meal choice.
@joyvanwydgarden Instagram: 16.3k TikTok: 146.0k YouTube: 35___
- Catch Up
- Where are they from, what do they farm, how did they get into farming
- How’s the family - do they farm with family?
- Iowa native - 25
- Major ag, outdoors and conservation enthusiast
- Hobbies: Hunting, fishing, hiking
- TikTok will take down any of her videos that have guns in it
- As a kid brought random critters in the house - baby skunks once
- Holistic health and wellness
- Training to become a yoga instructor
- Does cold plunge (ice bath) - barrel or freezer
- Cooks eggs and liver after her workouts
- Has a garden, dog, boyfriend
- Has a lifted ‘90 Ford truck
- Classic country fan
- “Busch-mosas” - mentioned in a tiktok
- Works for her dad
- Farms red
- Farming practices: cover crops, filter strip, no-till
- Project Coordinator for the South Skunk River & Cedar Creek Watershed of Mahaska County
- Range and Safety Officer at Big Springs Shooting Complex
- How has social media changed her life?
- Why do it?
- How would they start it over differently?
- Which is their favorite social media platform?
- If you were an animal, what do you think you would be?
- Right now, who inspires you?
- If you could make anything bigger on your body what would it be?
Word association - Take the word we share and say the first thing thing that comes to mind connecting it to agriculture
- Coffee Green Luxury
- Beer Pluto Clock
- Javelin Hero Ball
- Yoga Fear Girl
- Fur Future Change
- Beauty Mistake Cold
- What’s next for them?
- What can our listeners do to help?
- What can we do to help?
What would you go back and tell yourself at age 18?