F4F - Jaclyn Wilson Founder of EnviroSmartBeef
In today's episode, we catch up with Jaclyn AKA @FDGenetics, a fifth-generation caretaker at Wilson Flying Diamond Ranch. We explore her journey into farming, her passion for Red Angus and the founding of Flying Diamond Beef. Discover how Jaclyn became the National Beef Quality Assurance Cow/Calf producer of the year and the founder of EnviroSmartBeef. Join us as we discuss her achievements, the impact of social media, and some fun "Would you rather" questions. Stay tuned to find out what's next for Jaclyn and how you can support her and our podcast.
@FDGenetics Instagram 2.7k TikTok ____ YouTube _____ Twitter 22.8k
- Catch Up
- Where are they from, what do they farm, how did they get into farming
- How’s the family - do they farm with family?
- Lakeside, NE
- What are they up to today?
- What they see that excites them?
- What do they want to make sure they see before they leave
- Fifth generation full-time caretaker of three bovine - Wilson Flying Diamond Ranch
- Works with her father - Blaine Wilson
- Red Angus and Red Angus/Simmental composite operation
- 2002: Jaclyn came back to ranch after college
- 2019: founded Flying Diamond Beef
- 2023 National Beef Quality Assurance Cow/Calf producer of the year
- Founder of EnviroSmartBeef - founded in April ‘24
- Grain finished cattle
- Tissue sample taken to give an ideal “days on feed” for animal to reach optimal characteristics
- 3 Concepts: human wellbeing, animal wellbeing, and environment wellbeing
- On Peter Santello (1.68M subscribers) YouTube (last year)
- On a blockchain project w/ CO Department of Ag (May)
- Nebraska Hall of Agricultural Achievement
- Receive the coveted Leopold Covservation Award
- How has social media changed his life?
- Why do it?
- How would he start it over differently?
- Which is their favorite platform?
- If you were an animal, what do you think you would be?
- Right now, who inspires you?
- If you could make anything bigger on your body what would it be?
Would you rather
- Plant trees or branding cattle
- Have a beer or have a cocktail
- Road trip cross country or flying to a tropical island
- Work in heels or drive to work in reverse
- Wear a cowgirl hat or a baseball cap
- Work in 0 degrees or 110 degree
- Buy a coffee or buy flowers
- What’s next for them?
- What can our listeners do to help?
- What can we do to help?
If you could stand next to yourself back at age 18, what would you say?