Blockchain Benefitting Agriculture
The Global Smart Commodity Group joins us to help us get clarity on blockchain. We learn the difference between the blockchain and crypto. Then we dive deeply into how GSCG is using blockchain technology to bring more profit to you the farmer. We learned more than we anticipated and hope you will toon!
- Welcome to a Farm4Profit episode
- Remind people to hit SUBSCRIBE – REMEMBER TO LEAVE REVIEWS
- The listener review today is brought to you by Deere
- TikTok – Tyler Pearson
- You guys are awesome. I listen to y’all while ripping potato fields in Oregon
Go subscribe to YOUTUBE!!! Play Legacy Farmer Segment
Topic – Global Smart Commodity Group – Trading the Future, Today using the Blockchain
- Hagop (Jack) Bouroudjian is the Chief Economist, co-founder and director of the Universal Compute Exchange and the India Compute Interchange. Previously, Jack was CEO of Index Futures Group, SVP for Nikko Securities, Japan’s second largest brokerage house. His responsibilities included planning, executing and supervising an effective marketing and sales program along with creating educational concepts designed to expand the European and Asian customer base
- Bryce Everett serves as a consultant for Global Smart Commodity Group, leading and taking part in the design, implementation, and improvements to their cutting-edge systems. While wearing many hats at GSCG, he strives to improve conditions of our markets by being everywhere from GSCG headquarters having meetings to consulting with producers leaning on cattle pens.
GSCG seeks to substantially modify how commodities are managed in the 21st century using advanced methods such as smart contracts, blockchains, and tokenization. A blockchain enabled commodity exchange.
- What does that statement mean?
- Farmers and Ranchers need to fully embrace technology
- Focused on agricultural commodities
- Getting ahead of or complying with regulatory changes for cattle trading
- Adding depth to the cattle on exchanges
- Making data accessible for all across the supply chain
- Expanding markets (which are currently quite limited)
- Are there any other points you’d like to share with our listeners?
- What’s the best advice you have ever been given?
- Summarize & Challenge